Monday, 26 September 2016

Old couch new fabric

This comfy old couch will soon be dressed with a new cover. I've been dilling about the fabric for a very long time and some shade of grey (not fifty though ;-) has always been on my mind but suddenly I changed my mind and will finally go for the wheat colour as the pillow on top. The fabric, called "Axel", is from the textile producer Astrid who carries a lot of lovely linen quality fabrics. I let you know when it's finished. Have a great new week!


Taste of France said...

New covers are a brilliant way to change furniture. We have white, which kind of REQUIRES slipcovers that can be washed. And some old comfy armchairs that were '80s hunter green also got covered with white. Love it. However, the fabric for the chairs tends to stretch and sag after a while. I can tighten it up by washing it, but I wonder whether you have advice for choosing fabric that won't sag.

John Williams said...

When considering fabric to slipcover a piece of furniture first keep in mind the style of your room and where in the room the fabric will be used. This will help you to decide what type of pattern you may choose.